The names of each kind and every kind of wood is attached to the packaging and the way you should protect this beautiful piece is also included. The one you have purchased may vary in color and grain due to the fact that all wood is unique. We assure you that each item is individually handmade and beautifully crafted with care. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact with us.
Taking Care of Your Beautiful Wood
1. Limit the use of serrated knives if possible. To keep cutting board smooth, occasional light sanding removes blemishes from the surface. Always apply a coat of mineral oil after sanding, doing this can remove 75% of the surface moisture
2. After every use, clean with warm soapy water and dried with a paper towel. Never soak it in water, it will cause warping or cracking.
3. When preparing meat, disinfect it with a bleach solution. Wood tends to get negative exposure sometimes, studies suggest that wood contains natural properties that fight bacteria. Whichever type of board that you choose, keeping it sanitary is crucial.
4. It's not a trivet/hot plate! A hot pan or pot will create a weak spot that will cause the wood to warp.
5. Cutting board will dry out over time. Apply mineral oil to one side and allow it to dry before applying it to the other side. This will help extend the life of your board by protecting against water damage. Never use any type of vegetable oil; They can eventually go rancid and cause food poisoning.
6. Store your wooden cutting board horizontally to avoid it from warping or curling. Taking proper care of your board will ensure that it can last a lifetime with you and your family.